Sunday, April 12, 2009

Kaunala hike











Hunter and I grabbed a few other moms and their boys and headed up to the North Shore for a beautiful 5 mile loop hike. This is now my favorite hike so far. We got to eat wild strawberry guava (not too many, you end up in the bathroom quickly), walk through iron wood and paper bark tree forests, perch on moss covered logs, cross streams and see the most amazing valley views!
Hunter was trying to do a "cool" pose, but I don't think we'll be using this muscle man look for any more pictures. I love this picture of the boys under the tree roots. They had such a good time running around and did a great job of keeping us on our toes. Ashley and I made a deal- I would only ask her to go on one hike a month, she had already filled her quota. I have a feeling that we'll be doing this one with her soon though.